Comptroller Federal Operations Unit (FOU), Zone ‘A’ of the Nigeria Customs Service, Mr Rasheed Taiwo has assured that importers of the cache of arms that wee intercepted by the Customs last week would all be apprehended.
Three suspects, including the driver of the truck have already been apprehended, but the FOU boss told news men that all those who are behind the lethal imports would be arrested and prosecuted.
“We shall not limit it to just seizure ,we shall make sure we do prosecution to these perpetrators of evil ,there is no way we will leave them , these are the defendant ,these three were caught with these goods
He confirmed that the truck and the suspects were caught along the Ijebu Ode -Benin expressway, but added that they were yet to reveal the actual owners of the guns.
“They are saying that they are not the owner, but all the same we shall get to the root of the matter, we will ensure that all of them are jailed but if they give us the names of the owners of the goods we shall definitely turn to the owner, we shall charge the owners to court.
Custom’s Assistant Comptroller General in charge of enforcement, Mr. Yinusa Saka had told news men at the FOU shortly after the interception was made that the three men, including the driver and two other men were arrested on Wednesday evening, after being intercepted by a crack team of special anti-smuggling task force which last year, lost a member to deadly armed attack from hoodlums at Ijanikin, on the Lagos Badagry express way.