By Oluyinka Onigbinde
The Chairman, National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders (NAGAFF), Emeka Paul Chiedozie and members of the association at Tincan Island Port chapter have congratulated the founder of the association, Dr. Boniface Aniebonam as he celebrates his birthday today.
In a congratulatory message made available to our reporter on Friday morning, Chiedozie prayed to God to continue to bless and protect Dr. Aniebonam whom he said had blessed many life that he had come in contact with even as he prayed that God would continue to be his strength at all time.
His words: “God Almighty will continue to protect and bless you Sir! You have blessed so many lives, the Lord would continue to be your strength in all ramifications.”
Meanwhile, the Chairman, National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders, Tincan Island Port chapter, Emeka Chiedozie has described the deployment of Comptroller Dera Nnadi as the Customs Area Controller of the Tincan Island Port Command of the Nigeria Customs Service as a round peg in a round hole adding that he was the right man for the job.
Speaking with some journalists in Apapa, Lagos shortly after the official handing over of the command to Nnadi, the NAGAFF Chairman said, “l have known Comptroller Dera Nnadi for many years, he is loaded with ideas and knows the technical aspects of the clearing procedures very well and above all, very smart.
“Any Customs Command that Comptroller Nnadi is leaving as CAC, a lot of people will be in tears. He has touched many lives, saved souls and impacted knowledge to so many who are willing to learn. He doesn’t discriminate, and he is very passionate about his job.
“All the requirements of a good leader, Comptroller Nnadi has it all. The very first day I heard he was coming to TCIP, l was overwhelmed because I am 100 percent confident that he will deliver his mandate without intimidating stakeholders. We are looking forward to getting more training programmes from him.
“On behalf of the entire members of NAGAFF TICP chapter, we officially welcome him once again and are ready to give him our maximum support in all aspects of operations.”
Speaking on the command’s annual revenue target of N801 billion, 52 percent of which had been meet leaving a balance of 48 percent with barely four months to the end of the year 2023, he said, “I sympathize with Comptroller Nnadi because he will have to work extra hard to make it happen but in all, God Almighty will do it.”
On the immediate past Customs Area Controller of the command, Comptroller Adekunle Oloyode who has been redeployed to the customs headquarters in Abuja, Chiedozie said, “Oloyede did very well and I scored him 70% in his performance.”